Tuesday, 10 January 2017

Happy New Year 2017

Happy New Year to you all, I hope you all managed to enjoy the festive period. I've started the Janet Clare Shipping Forecast Quilt. The pattern is in her "Hearty Good Wishes" Book. I'm really enjoying the appliqué. I've done a little free motion stitching before but I've decided to hand stitch these instead. I wasn't sure about the embroidery colour but I've settled on a beige tone. I'm having a lot of fun with this and as usual Janet's patterns bring a whole new meaning to quilting. It's all about having a go & making it your own. Janet's Quilts also have meaning, they have a story to tell. The bird quilt attracted a lot of attention in the shop & I know this quilt will do the same. These things are all very important for small businesses.



I've also got some fantastic new Moda fabrics in stock (soon to be added to the website). "Darling Little Dickens" are designed by Lydia Nelson. These classic prints in sweet neutrals are perfect for baby boy & girl projects. 




There's also a new section "Maker of the Month". It's an opportunity for people to share their makes. Just send through a photo of anything made in that month using fabrics from The Little Fabric Store. 
Email me at thelittlefabricstore@gmail.com or send a photo via Facebook
A winner will be picked each month and a prize will be given. 


- Happy New Year - 




No comments:

Post a Comment